Friday, December 5, 2014

Glee Josko: Introducing Happy Sis, A Christian Magazine for Women

Everyone's Story is honored to introduce Editor Glee Josko of Happy Sis Magazine. Happy Sis is making its debut this January, and it is sure to be an encouragement to many women. I was blessed when Glee contacted me to be a contributing writer. Since then, I've had the pleasure of getting to know Glee and hope you will be uplifted by her efforts. Please extend a warm hello to Glee, and perhaps consider a prayer for the magazine's success.



What Inspired Me to Launch Happy Sis, a Christian Magazine for Women by Glee Josko

Since my move to Germany in the middle of 2011 to join my new husband, I’ve been an online entrepreneur. There were two reasons why I retired from teaching to embark on online publishing career – first, after eight years of teaching high school Mathematics and debate, I did not find happiness and satisfaction, second, my teaching credentials which I earned in Asia does not apply in Germany. The country has a different educational curriculum. And since we don’t have international schools in our city, I had the excuse to finally retire from teaching.

Because I love fashion and style, I became a fashion blogger. I launched a fashion editorial blogazine, which I built and maintained whole-heartedly. But, although I found relative success in the fashion niche, after more than two years of blogging about style, I started to feel dissatisfied. There was something lacking in my life, like my happiness was never full.

I heard a tiny voice, which was urging me to do something, something more meaningful, but it would require me to take a detour and a complete spiritual revival. The voice was telling me to write about God.

Happy Sis Magazine
For almost three years I’ve been consumed with materials things. I’ve been full of myself and of vainness, and yet God still called me to talk and write about Him. During that time I was terribly confused. I didn’t know what to do or how could I transition from fashion to a Christian niche. But the voice was getting louder and I could not ignore it anymore.

So I decided to sell my fashion blog in order to do what God calls me to do. But after two attempts, I was unable to sell it. I did not find a buyer who would be willing to compensate my three years of hard work. So I asked God what I was supposed to do. It became apparent that I was to keep my style blog because it will finance the launching of a Christian site.

Download Free Book
from website link below.
It took me another eight months before it became clear to me what I was supposed to launch. During that period I renewed my relationship with God and had a spiritual revival. God also led me to write a devotional, The Happy Sis Devotional. Then the idea of a Christian magazine came to me, and then its name, HappySis Magazine. It simply unfolded to me one by one.

While preparing to launch the Happy Sis Magazine, my friend Jem who lives in the UK, suddenly lost her job due to a delayed visa renewal. I invited her to join me. It was also her longtime dream to write Christian devotionals for women and to witness about God through writing, so she quickly agreed. She became my assistant editor.

Since I renewed my relationship with God, I found peace, happiness and contentment in my life. My focus shifted from chasing money and online success into daily gratitude and building a close connection with God. And it is my desire to share the happiness that I found to other women.

I decided to narrow my niche to Christian women because I’m comfortable writing in a girly tone, plus there are tons for feminine topics that I want to explore. It is my prayer to be able to touch as many lives as possible. I don’t know what lies ahead, but I’ve committed myself to following where God will lead me and the magazine.

HappySis debuts in January 2015--a great way to begin the New Year! The first issue will be available on the magazine's website on The Store page.

Tweet This for HappySis:
Meet Glee, editor of Happy Sis Magazine @happysismag: A Christian Magazine to encourage women. (Tweet This)

New magazine for women: Happy Sis @happysismag, inspiring women to make God the center of their lives (Tweet This)

Start the New Year on a surer foot for a female relative/friend w/ subscription to Happy Sis Magazine (Tweet This)


Connect with HappySis and Glee at:

Author Bio:
Glee is the editor of Happy Sis Magazine, a happiness and inspirational magazine for Christian women helping them grow in faith and grace, walk in the light, have confidence + the right self-love, and achieve success. She wrote The Happy Sister Devotional: 61 Days of Happiness and Inspiration for Women to encourage women to find happiness in having a close relationship with God.

Get your devotional book copy now! Link onto the HappySis Magazine link.




20 comments:

  1. Glee,
    A wonderful and inspiring post about following your heart. As I read your struggle with your decisions, I was nodding in understanding. In life, to find our true path and happiness, we must let go of our doubts and embrace 'Him' and the destiny he's carved for our life.
    Not until after I retired from the Navy did I realize my passion, writing. And, not until years later, did I find my true purpose, combining my writing and my passion for helping others through my charity work. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and that each person we meet teaches us something we need to learn. I'm also a huge fan of quotes, and I post one a day on my Facebook pages to remind myself of something I need to hear. I'd like to share three of my favorites with you:

    "We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell

    “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” — Helen Keller

    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals." - Brian Tracy

    Believe in yourself and your dreams and know that I'm cheering you on as well. Take care and I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas! *Hugs*
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, what wonderful encouragement this is… thanks so much for visiting and sharing. While I love all the quotes you've shared, and realize that Joseph Campbell was an author, I can't help but compare that what Mr. Campbell says in that quote is what God wants for us: not to be so fixated on what we think we want in life but what He wants for us :) Wow!! Super glad you shared that one.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for such an encouraging testimony, Diana. It can´t be better said than that, that "We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." I saw it unfold in my life, and time and time again I´ve witnessed that God´s plans are so much better than my own plas for myself.

      Thank you so much for the cheers!

      Delete
  2. Glee, so glad you found a way to follow God's leading. Praying for great success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, thanks for stopping by. Thanks especially for your prayers for Glee's success.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Diane, writing for Happy Sis is a wonderful experience, it makes me grounded. :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds awesome!! Praying it really takes off!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie for your well wishes and prayers for Happy Sis.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your prayer, Connie. I really need that. In fact, I have seen that the magazine is being tested, several writers who have committed to write for the magazine had to backout at the last minute due to illness + family emergencies. But God still makes a way.

      Delete
  4. Best wishes with the launch of your new magazine. I think that reaching beyond the walls of church congregations is truly the way to spread the Good News.

    KB Schaller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KB--yes! How exciting it is to think of Glee, through Happy Sis, is truly spreading His Word. As always, thanks for visiting.

      Delete
    2. So true, KB! It´s time to use the the modern technogy for good and for spreading the good news.

      Delete
  5. Hi Glee,
    I am so impressed with your commitment to the ministry God has laid on your heart. Congratulations for following His leading, and taking the bold steps forward. I can't wait to read your new magazine/blog. All the best, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks for visiting with Glee and your encouraging words. I love the excitement in your tone… I hope it will be catchy to other readers :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Lisa. I admit, there was so much doubts in the beginning, I didn´t feel like I´m capable of doing it, and up to these days, there are still doubt attacts, but then there´s this voice which reminds me, "You aren´t doing it all alone." As proof, I didn´t have a hard time approaching Christian writers to contribute for the magazine, and they are more willing to help spread the news about the Happy Sis. What a warm welcome for the mag!

      Thank you so much too, Elaine!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, Glee. It's my pleasure to help you.

      Delete
  6. Glee, thank you so much for sharing your testimony of how the Lord has worked in your life and is using you in a different way than you expected. I appreciate your example of obedience and love for God. I'm sure Happy Sis will encourage many women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thanks for visiting. And you're so right--God directs us often in ways we would otherwise not think twice about but Praise Him because He is always right.

      Delete
    2. Amen, Elaine! Now, if I'd just pay better attention and not drag my
      feet when he does lead.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much, Glee, for appearing on Everyone's Story this past week. I hope that this exposure for you and Happy Sis Magazine will bless you with many readers and fans of what I'm sure will be a very uplifting and beloved magazine for many girls and women.

    ReplyDelete

Add This