Okay, so an author has a website, a blog, is active in social network circles. What advantages can a publicist offer that an author cannot do for his or herself?
- • Help you write marketing into the book: hooks and angles that will be timely for publicity when the book launches—utilizing evergreen and water cooler topics.
- • Write your marketing plan and book proposal.
- • Work in tandem with your in-house publicity team to maximize exposure.
- • Create a custom database of contacts for media, consumers, niche-markets, retailers, etc. This might include local, regional and national networking.
- • Consult with you on branding, first-impression image effects, media training, etc.
- • Design and coordinate your media kit, blog tour, speaker kit, event kits, etc.
- • Escort you to national tours, trade shows, etc.
- • Arrange article placement and guest blogger opportunities for you.
|Courtesy Google Images|